Our lovely friend Ana over at It’s Been Delicious has nominated us for an award. The Liebster Award. Not an award in the truest sense of the word, just a friendly way of sharing some fun facts about ourselves and then inviting other blogging buddies to do the same.
There are some rules (though I’ve broken them ;))
1. Link back to the person that nominated you.
2. You have to answer the 11 questions given to you by the person that nominated you.
3. You must nominate 11 bloggers with under 200 followers (I only nominated one) and give them 11 questions of your choice. (I’ve only given five questions)
4. You can’t nominate the person who nominated you.
5. You need to let your nominees know that they have been nominated by giving them a link to your own Liebster Award post.
Now onto Ana’s questions:
1. What is my biggest goal related to blogging? Regular posts (at least once a week) and to create a community of like-minded womento share relevant and useful information, thoughts, feelings, etc.
2. What does your work/writing space look like? We have an “office” that is a combined computer room/scrap space. Its super tight since it has space for Reza, Reya and myself. Its usually pretty cluttered as I drop too many random things on my desk.
3. What are two most annoying habits I have? Well that would certainly depend on you ask. But for myself, I’m most annoyed by the fact I so easily lean towards negativity (always trying to be conscious of and improve this). Also, I am terrified of all things creepy, crawly my husband can testify to this fact as I have been known to wake him up at night to terminate a spider or to escort me in from my car because I saw a raccoon (this just happened on Sunday).
4. What’s your favorite sleeping position? I sleep on my stomach.
5. What’s your happiest memory as a child? My happiest memories are times when I was with my cousins. We were together A LOT as children since my Grandma Kika babysat all of us and we just had a lot of fun together after school and on holidays.
6. When was the last time a particular smell transported you into your past? Hmmm tough one..the smells of the holidays like Christmas yams etc definitely always remind me of my Grandma Lilly’s house.
7. Mountains or ocean? Ocean. Lucky to be so close to both.
8. What is the one travel destination you’d like to revisit? Maine for sure. I visited Chebeague Island with friends in 2010 and it was such a memorable trip. I’d love to take my family back there someday. =)
9. What’s the most embarrassing situation you’ve been in? I have been known to avoid potentially embarrassing situations like the plague so this is a hard one…have to pass…=(
10. What would have to happen right now for you to be happy? I believe that happiness is a choice and a way of thinking. To be happy right now I just have to be grateful for what I have. =)
11. What’s the kindest/most thoughtful thing you’ve ever done for someone? The most, I’m not sure but I do try for small acts of kindness throughout each day, week, and month. Helping and supporting others is a big positivity booster for me.
Now here is my nomination:
My friend Nikki over at Snafty
And my questions:
1. Missing summer or feeling fall?
2. Your most memorable Halloween costume as a child?
3. Will you/have you made any craft projects to commemorate the fall season?
4. What is one small step you can take this week to reach a larger goal?
5. What is one piece of advice you’d give to someone who wants to document their family’s memories?
Thank you Ana for this little push to get back up and running at The Heartmix!